In Blogs
At the moment I am installing a SharePoint 2007 farm with the Index server role at the Application server and the Query server role at the Web Front Ends. Because I did not configure anything with SSL in the first place, this causes some errors in the eventlog.
 
This event is 6482 (with two different descriptions):
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Office SharePoint Server
Event Category: Office Server Shared services
Event ID: 6482
Date: 
Time: 
User:  N/A
Computer: <servername>
Description:
Application Server Administration job failed for service instance Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceInstance (GUID).
The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.
System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. �> System.IO.IOException: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result)
   at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)
   � End of inner exception stack trace �
   at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchApi.RunOnServer[T](CodeToRun`1 remoteCode, CodeToRun`1 localCode, Boolean useCurrentSecurityContext, Int32 versionIn)
   at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchApi..ctor(WellKnownSearchCatalogs catalog, SearchSharedApplication application)
   at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceInstance.Synchronize()
   at Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.ApplicationServerJob.ProvisionLocalSharedServiceInstances(Boolean isAdministrationServiceJob)
 
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Office SharePoint Server
Event Category: Office Server Shared services
Event ID: 6482
Date: 
Time: 
User:  N/A
Computer: <servername>
Description:
Application Server Administration job failed for service instance Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceInstance (GUID).
Unable to connect to the remote server
System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server �> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it <ipaddress>:56738
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
   � End of inner exception stack trace �
   at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchApi.RunOnServer[T](CodeToRun`1 remoteCode, CodeToRun`1 localCode, Boolean useCurrentSecurityContext, Int32 versionIn)
   at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchApi..ctor(WellKnownSearchCatalogs catalog, SearchSharedApplication application)
   at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceInstance.Synchronize()
   at Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.ApplicationServerJob.ProvisionLocalSharedServiceInstances(Boolean isAdministrationServiceJob)
 
I found out that this kb article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/962928) solved some of the issues. With the manual in this kb article and the tool SelfSSL in the IIS Resource Kit I was able to reconfigure the certificate for the Office Server Web Services site. After doing this I saw other events appear in the eventlog of the WFE server:
 
Event Type: Error
Event Source: crypt32
Event Category: None
Event ID: 8
Date: 
Time: 
User:  N/A
Computer: <servername>
Description:
Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootseq.txt> with error: The specified server cannot perform the requested operation.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
 
For reasons the hosting provider, where the servers reside, has done some configurations so the WFE servers can be reached from the internet but can not browse the internet themselves. So the crypt32 error appears.
After a few tries the txt file was retrieved and also a cab file. See this events:
 
Event Type: Information
Event Source: crypt32
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7
Date:  14-1-2011
Time:  13:38:27
User:  N/A
Computer: <servername>
Description:
Successful auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootseq.txt>
 
Event Type: Information
Event Source: crypt32
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2
Date:  14-1-2011
Time:  13:38:32
User:  N/A
Computer: <servername>
Description:
Successful auto update retrieval of third-party root list cab from: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab>
 
So, problems are solved.
 

Vul je zoekopdracht in.